Saturday 19 May 2018

Decoupage stand for the Itsy Bitsy Spotlight

Hello friends,
I am here with an awesome news that I have been selected as 'Crafter in the Spotlight' by the premium craft store Itsy Bitsy India.. So here is the project I made for the same with a pictorial tutorial.


You all can check my interview here Itsy Bitsy Blog





Here is the step by step tutorial for the multipurpose stand. Anything can be kept in it like stationary items, cutlery or even remotes.
Step 1
I took a mdf stand with three partitions and the Vintage Rose Tissue napkin.  I divided the stand in three parts with pencil.
**I must say the tissue napkins are so well individually packed that they don’t get any creases.**






Step 2
I masked the stand and applied Little Birdie Muted Teal chalk paint on the unmasked area.




Step 3

Now after drying I applied Little Birdie One step Crackle medium. I heat dried it and applied Little Birdie Snow chalk paint  to show the cracks 





Step 4
Now I took the tissue napkin and cut them in several pieces according to the design I want to place.  Always remove the white backing paper from the tissue, be careful.




Step 5
Now I arranged the tissue pieces all around the stand and adhere with Little Birdie Decoupage glue matt





I adhered several more pieces to give a better design as I felt that the stand was looking incomplete


Step 6

With the help of a stencil and Little Birdie 2 in 1 mixed media paste I gave the stand a little embossed effect. I gave the design randomly on all sides of the stand. After applying the paste on the stencil I removed the stencil and heat set it with Little Birdie Heat tool.


**Itsy Bitsy is making Crafters life so easy by placing the QR code on each product. I got a bit confused so I quickly scanned the QR code and the YouTube link was there to sort out all my confusion.  **

Step 7
I stamped little flourishes here and there to make the design look complete.


Step 8
I stamped little flourishes here and there to make the design look complete.


Step 9
I then applied VersaCraft Pale Aqua on the edges and the top.



Step 10
I applied Little Birdie Varnish Gloss all over and dried it.
I gave 2 coats of it to cover all areas.

Supplies Used



Final pictures of the completed multipurpose stand









I hope you all like it.
Please do let me know how you liked it.
Also attaching link to Itsy Bitsy Blog for my interview

Happy Crafting
Hugs
Meeta Bhalotia

Link to Itsy Bitsy India Blog for my interview and tutorial

Linking it to

altered eclectics /2018/05/may-challenge 27 31/05

crafting with friends 2018/05/ challenge-67 168 24/05

crafty sentiments 2018/05 pastel-colors-challenge 50 22/05

not just cards challenges 18/05/may 50 05/06

word art wednesday /2018/05/ weeks-334-335 283 23/05

http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/2018/05/may-with-fred-she-said.html 153 31/05



2 comments:

  1. fantastic your tutorial. Love your project. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week.
    We look forward to seeing you again next time.
    Good luck!
    Hugs
    creativEle DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous project with us at Altered Eclectics, so pretty. Also thanks for showing us how it was done, it's always good to see the process and learn new things.

    ReplyDelete

Special 18 Card

Hello all, So here I am back to blogging after a break as I was busy crafting but just that I was not logging in here. Today I want to sh...